The Epiconcept Project
As software developers, doctors, epidemiologists and data scientists, we contribute to the improvement of public health programmes by strengthening the understanding of diseases and by offering consulting services and software tools for public health professionals.
Since 1996, Epiconcept has been a company committed to the sustainable coexistence of scientific and technological innovation and human values (quality, ethics, responsibility and long-term involvement) in support of public health players.
In March 2017, Epiconcept launched the «» project based on :
- a mission: to contribute to improving public health programmes by increasing knowledge of diseases and by making technological tools and advice available to the various players,
- a very high-quality human group,
- values: quality, ethics, responsibility and long-term involvement,
- recognised expertise in epidemiology,
- recognised expertise in e-Health,
- a partnership approach with public health players in France and abroad.
- mobile technologies,
- creation of large databases,
- multicentre studies,
- big data,
- internet of things, etc.
- epidemiological studies,
- computerised management systems for public health programmes,
- and their combination to make a new offer combining information systems and data use.
- the dominant role of the individual,
- civil society involvement,
- lack of confidence in the health authorities.
To develop Epiconcept sustainably with the ambition of playing a preponderant role among public health players in France and abroad. The «» approach also guarantees respect for the individual and for scientific independence, maximum quality in our deliverables and a fulfilling and secure work environment for all employees.
Epiconcept and IQLS are now companies within the larger Epiconcept Group. The goal of the Epiconcept Group is to combine the strengths and complementary skills of companies committed to improving public health programs by strengthening knowledge and control of disease. The capacity for innovation and the talents brought together within Epiconcept Group provides the public health organisations with services and IT tools in the fields of epidemiology, laboratory science, e-health and data science.
Voozanoo, technical platform for theproject
Voozanoo is the application platform developed by Epiconcept on which all of Epiconcept's e-Health projects have been based for more than 15 years. Voozanoo makes it possible to pool developments for the different Epiconcept products that are based on it. Over time, Voozanoo has become a working methodology, a service offer and a data collection platform.
Epiconcept, host of personal health data
Epiconcept is certified by ASIP as a “personal health data host” for the Voozanoo platform. The technical requirements relating to security, risk analysis and the establishment of an ISSP (Information Systems Security Policy) for obtaining this accreditation are very similar to those for the ISO 27001 standard.
Epiconcept is a member of the French association of personal health data hosts: AFHADS
- 2018IQLS and Epiconcept join forces within Epiconcept Group
- 2017Epiconcept Group launched an initiative in the Indian Ocean by creating Epiconcept Indian Ocean in order to provide its services more widely by relying on local structures
- 2017Epiconcept launches its Smart Health strategy: epidemiology, e-Health solutions and the use of big data to support public health players in France and abroad
- 2014Epiconcept contributes to the response to the Ebola virus epidemic by making its team of epidemiologists available to the WHO in Guinea
- 2012Epiconcept hosts personal health data
- 2006Epiconcept creates an epidemiology department with 3 main activities: operational research, training and service activities
- 2002The first version of Voozanoo, Epiconcept’s technical platform, is launched
- 1996After several years in the scientific department of Doctors Without Borders, Gilles Desvé, Daniel Cauët, Valérie Nancey and Guillaume Jeannerod create Epiconcept with the aim of providing IT solutions to public health players
projectscarried out in support of public health actors
employeeswith experience and motivation
countrieswhere Epiconcept operates
health databasessecurely hosted
The management team