EpiConcept organizes trainings and workshops for scientific communications, written and oral, designed specifically for public health professionals.
The training and workshop objectives are to teach students how to communicate the results of their research and surveillance systems. The method proposed alternates presentations and practical exercises.
These interventions are done upon request for small groups. They can be presented in English or French, on site or at EpiConcept in Paris.
For more information, please contact the training manager (email@example.com).
Scientific article writing
- Objective: learn how to develop, step by step, a manuscript for publication from data already collected by the participant or from documents furnished by EpiConcept.
- Audience: teams wishing to publish their scientific results from a study or activity.
- Content (in order): definition of the principal message, identification of the results as well as the conclusions and recommendations that flow from it, writing the sections “Method” and “Results”, elaborating the section “discussion” which allows for the link between the results and the conclusions, writing the introduction, finding an informative title, and writing the abstract.
- Duration: 3-5 days.
Scientific article review
- Objective: learn to make critical analyses of scientific articles.
- Audience: epidemiologists and public health professionals.
- Content : critical review of a participants’ published article and selected published articles
- Duration: 2-3 days.
Oral scientific presentations
- Objective: learn how to make a presentation of a scientific study or project for internal use (administrative council or team meeting) or at a conference.
- Prerequisites: basic familiarity with epidemiology; have a ready scientific presentation project.
- Audience: public health professionals having to give an oral presentation of scientific data.
- Content: scientific presentation rules, formatting of tables and graphics, best practices for a successful presentation, presentation structure and messages.
- Duration: 1 - 2 days